Mobile App Development
Mobile App Development
Nowadays it is essential for every online business to have their own mobile app. Every mobile app follows a similar mobile app development process. The process typically includes idea, strategy, design, development, deployment, and post-launch stages.
Everything starts with an idea. The questions to be asked before starting with the development can be “why we want to do things in a particular manner” or “is there a better way to solve this problem”. Complete understanding of the problem is critical. Chalk out a plan once you understand the problem fully. You should also figure out how a mobile app can solve this problem.
Two major device platforms in the Smartphone market are iOS platform from Apple Inc and Android from Google. Android operating system is used by Google devices and many other manufactures to build their devices. App development on both platforms requires different software development kits (SDKs) & different approach. Millions of device can be targeted by using these two platforms.
The following approaches are generally used for building mobile applications:
- Native Mobile Applications – programming language and frameworks provided by the platform owner are used for developing the application
- Cross-Platform Native Mobile Applications – different programming languages and frameworks are used for developing the application and are then compiled into a native application
Application programming interfaces (APIs) are used for connecting backend to frontend.
The functionality of the app is implemented. The app is sent for review after development.
There are various types of testing. The major ones are mentioned below:
1. Functional Testing – This type of testing is done to check if a particular feature works as required.
2. Usability Testing – This is done to check if a particular feature is user-friendly or not.
3. Performance Testing – done to check speed & responsiveness of your app.
4. Device-Specific Testing – As the name suggests, this type of testing is done to check if our app works perfectly on a particular device or not.
The performance of the app has to be monitored after deployment. If you’re looking to implement a mobile app for your business, or if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us. We are a mobile app development company with significant experience in offering customized and versatile solutions for any kind of business.